Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generic Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

temple11

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
US
I'm not much of a programmer at all. At best I have been able to reverse engineer a few PHP sites and PERL scripts to make them do what I want but now I have a project and I'm looking for some advice.

XML may not be the best langage and any suggestions on better languages would be preferred.

I would like to create a clickable map of the united states, such that when one state is selected (clicked) a number of other states that satisfy a criteria (like friend lives in, or reciprocal prescription drug plan exists) turn a different color (red). Then if a red state was clicked you would be sent to an information page about that state as it pertains to the originally selected state.

I'm at a loss as to where I should start and would appreciate any advice you could give.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back