Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

generic Mouse drivers, yes I'm still using nt 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrclan

Programmer
Sep 18, 2007
US
I've found a patch that will allow me to use USB devices on a NT 4.0 server. works great.

Does any know where I can get a set of generic USB mouse drivers? Or how to fix the following Problem:

I'm using a Razer Lachesis gaming mouse that the NT 4.0 server does not recognize, the NT 4.0 box will recognize any other USB Mouse that I have.

so why not use another mouse?
I have a four port KVM that I use to control, three gaming systems ( which I need the gaming mouse) and the NT 4.0 box.

The KVM is not the problem, if I used another USB mouse in the KVM the NT server will recognize that mouse, only the Razer mouse is not recognized

Workaround:
I’ve plugged a second USB mouse into one of the USB port in the NT server along side of the USB KVM. This works fine, but now I have two mice.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back