Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

generator and dynamic images 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFS

Technical User
Jun 8, 2001
US
I'm a Graphic Designer, trying to get to grips with generator 2, I need to insert dynamic text and images, into a flash file, and change the text and images by just uploading the new files to the server.. But at the moment i'm having a git of trouble trying to do this..

if anyone could give us some tips, on how to do this i would be really really grateful..

sk

(I'm a Graphic Designer, trying to get to grips with generator 2, I need to insert dynamic text and images, into a flash file, and change the text and images by just uploading the new files to the server.. But at the moment i'm having a git of trouble trying to do this.. )

even i'm looking for something like this if u come to know please let me know i'll be greatfull
Doffus

Ahh, i worked it out after some major stuffing about, the documentation is BAD!!!

the way i ended up getting to work was to create a data source file that looks like
name, value
imagename, "x.jpg"
text, "hello, i am some text"

then in the image object i inserted i put {imagename} as the filename to use. you can put x.jpg directly into the image to use but that make it harder if you need to change names of files.

since you are using the online version you will need to make sure you have the server components installed and have the url target the swt file. A different way to do it is to generate the new files offline using generator and then upload the new swf. It is possible to use offline to put the swf file directly into the active web directory.

hope this all helps you, generator is very cool once you work things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back