Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating web pages from Oralce procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmitsys

Technical User
Oct 31, 2003
Is it possible to serve web pages from Oracle 10g packages and procedures without using a DAD and the OAS?

If it is possible then what are the limitations, and links to documentation on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
You can use any ASP.NET connection components to access the data in Oracle - The web page is a user interface method and scripts on the page will run the code needed to access and use the returned data.

Oracle,itself, will not generate pages or script a web site - that is what OAS and the DADs are for.

See this tutorial site for ASP.NET connection examples

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

You should take a look at Oracle Application Express (APEX). I don't use it myself, but one of our clients just loves it. It seems to have the kind of functionality you are looking for. It comes at no extra cost as part of your Oracle database license.

technet.oracle.com said:
Oracle Application Express (Oracle APEX) is a rapid web application development tool for the Oracle database. Using only a web browser and limited programming experience, you can develop and deploy professional applications that are both fast and secure. Oracle APEX is a fully supported, no cost option of the Oracle database

Hi,
Good advice karluk,
I tend to forget about some of Oracle's later additions to its programs since I came from a 'roll-your-own' application shop where we rarely used anythig but the Oracle Database and Rman.

(Some Oracle Forms but little else)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back