Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating Response for Queued Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarler

Programmer
Jan 29, 2001
US
I am working on an n-tiered application written in VB DLLs running under component services/COM+ and part of the application requires asynchronous functionality. To implement the asynchronous functionality, I am using queued components where MSMQ delivers the marshalled data without forcing the client to wait. That part is working fine.
Here is the tricky part . . . if the asynchronous operation is completed before the client application is finished with a specific task, I would like to notify the client that the job has finished. Queued components, by definition can not have any return values or ByRef parameters, so the callback can not come from the queued components. Is there an efficient way to deliver a message back to a calling client when an asynchronous process has finished?
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
- Jeff Marler B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back