Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating pdf file from crystal report

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1

Programmer
Oct 10, 2001
US
I have designed report in Crystal 8. My user would like to click on a button in VB 6 application and create pdf out of the report. Is this possible?? Please help me..

This is what I have so far...Will be thankful for any help.

Public Function PrintInhouseCheckRegister() As Boolean
On Error GoTo Err_PrintInhouseCheckRegister
Dim CRApp As New CRAXDRT.Application
Dim crReport As New CRAXDRT.Report
Dim CRViewer As New CRViewer

PrintInhouseCheckRegister = False

Set crReport = CRApp.OpenReport("D:\CheckRegister.rpt")
crReport.DiscardSavedData

frmCrystalViewer.Caption = "Print Check Register"
frmCrystalViewer.CRViewer.ReportSource = crReport
frmCreateInhouseCheck.Hide
frmCrystalViewer.Show
frmCrystalViewer.CRViewer.ViewReport
PrintInhouseCheckRegister = True

Exit_PrintInhouseCheckRegister:
Exit Function

Err_PrintInhouseCheckRegister:
MsgBox Error$ & Err
Resume Exit_PrintInhouseCheckRegister
End Function

No - you can only export to pdf in version 8.5. Crystal has a patch for 8.0 that supports pdf but it is not stable. I would not suggest using it

Thanks Taranis,
Is there any other way I can accomplish this???

I don't know much about the overall stability of the v8 patch, but I've been using it for a few months now and haven't come across any problems. The reports I'm exporting are fairly straightforward though, there are no formulas etc. in the design.
It might be worth having a look at it and seeing whether or not the results suit your needs.
Good luck

The PDF DLL that Crystal had for V8.0 was considered beta software. When V8.5 came out and the DLL became part of the software, Crystal removed the DLL from its web site.

If someone can pass it to you, I don't see a problem. We used it on a project back in the spring and didn't have any problems with it. But I don't have it anymore.

Where can I get the pdf dll? I'd like to try it and see if it will work for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back