Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating Invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

msid

Programmer
Jan 22, 2003
CA

Hi Everyone,

I want to generate invoice for customers automatically. I am pushing my data into great Plains using Integration Manager and its ok.
After this What steps should I do to generate Invoices. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
Msid

Did you try using a custom script in Integration Manager that would kick off an invoice after a successful integration?

There really isn't an API for great plains like we're used to.

Thanks for the update,
No I did'nt. Do I have to write a script or is there any script that comes with Integration Manager?
I was thinking after pushing data into Sales Transaction using Integration Manager I would have to schedule another batch for Invoice or Post. Then some thing else as I am not sure as I have new to Great plain.

Thanks
Msid

There is no batch scheduler in Great Plains. The script you would have to write yourself in the integration manager.

If you go right click on integration name, select properties > scripts in IM you'll see the events you can script for.

Thanks for the info. I would really appreciate if you can let me know what are the steps needed or sequence of events that I should know to write script to generate invoices.

Is there any stored procedure in great plains that I can call form my script that would update any dependencies or update data in correct tables.

Thanks in Advance
Msid

My rates are very reasonable, starting at ....

Seriously, read the Great Plains documentation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back