Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating % Allocation based on grand total

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhan118

Programmer
Jun 16, 2003
PH
The report requires a percentage allocation for each subtotal based on the grand total. Example:

C O S T O F C A L L BILL ALLOCATION
Calls1 Calls2 Total %Alloc Cost
GROUP1
User1 10.5 5.0 15.5
User2 2.5 3.0 5.5
Total1 13.0 8.0 21.0 76.36% 22.91

GROUP2
User1 1.5 1.0 2.5
User2 1.0 3.0 4.0
Total2 2.5 4.0 6.5 23.64% 7.09

GRANDTOTAL 27.5 100.00% 30.00

As you will notice, the Totals for every group is formula generated. How could I generate the % allocation under the BILLS Allocation? I could always get a zero on the first group, then on the last group gets the most accurate % allocation as this has been a running total.

Kindly help me!!! [sadeyes] I'll give [2thumbsup] to the one who coud help me solve this problem.

Thanks,
yhan118

In your example, it looks like the total for each user, lets call it {@callsperuser} is just:

{@calls1} + {@calls2}

You should be able to insert summaries (sums) on each of {@calls1}, {@calls2}, and {@callsperuser} instead of using running totals to get the results for Total1 and Total2. The last step is to insert a second summary on {@callsperuser} and check "Show as a percentage of the grand total."

If you have simplified your example and in fact you do have to use running totals because of certain kinds of conditional sums, etc., please repost with specifics about your running totals and conditions. However, from what you've shown above, you don't really need them--plus you'll have a faster report.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back