Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generate calendar on Access form

Status
Not open for further replies.

davem1958

Programmer
Oct 10, 2001
US
I've been assigned the task of tracking vacation/sick days/personal days for my dept, and they want it done in Access 2000.

Everything looks easy, except -- how to display a monthly "group" calendar with everyones "out-of-office" days marked?

I'm open-minded -- an ActiveX control, a spreadsheet, an export to Outlook, but it needs to be simple to implement.

Thanks. :)

Dave

Well, I've done custom reports with a calendar look, my guess is that the data entry could be similar.

Here is "one" approach to consider.
1. Make sure your data model is stable. Employee table, Calendar table with a link between the two using an Employee_Code. A good practice in any development.

2. The user interface may be a little tricky to setup. This is a shot at it. You will need to construct a grid of 7 x 7; where the 1st row is days of week. The next 6 rows are necessary for potential of filling days 1 through 31. Create lots of unbound fields. These will be populated based on What Month/Year you select. For example, if you select 10/2003; the field 01 Day will need to be placed in the 2nd row, under Wed. Then each proceeding unbond object should be incrementd by 1, until last day of month is reached.

3. When a user clicks on a calender unbond object, a sub form can be displayed that permits them to enter information.

4. You should consider setting a login page, so users can only view their information.

htwh,

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Discussd and illustrated in these fora. use avanced search with "Calendar" as the keyword and you should find a plethora of threads.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Leban's calendar seems to be a dressed-up version of the one included with Access. I don't see a way to display an entire month with various names against each day of the month.

Dave.

Yes, you are right. In that cause, you would about have to create an unbound sub form (or popup) to do what you are wanting it to do.

When you create your labels for the various days, you may want to label them something like:

ldsDay1, ldsDay2, ... ldsDay42

Then setup a code line something like:

Dim strLabelDay as String, dte As Date
dte = Date
'Week goes from Sunday to Saturday
strLabelDay = "ldsDay" & CStr(Weekday(dte,1)+Day(dte)-1)

Nov 19th, 2003 would use the label with the name of "ldsDay23".

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
Master MOUS 2000

Try this thread:

thread702-563868

I use this calendar at work and it is AWESOME!!!

Jerome Benton
JERPAT Web Designs
GOD Is Good All The Time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back