Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generate 2 dif CallerID #'s on 1 5330.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelExpert

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2010
US
Mitel 3300 MXe MCD 4.2 - I have a 5330 set that has a multicall of an ext. I need to provide 2 dif caller ids - one for the phone (i have this working thru associated directory number form) but I cannot get a seperate caller id to generate when using the seperate mulitcall ext. When I press the mulicall button to make a call (this is a seperate extension number) it generates the same caller id as the phones extension even if i create a seperate entry in the associated directory number form via cpn. Is it possible to associate 2 caller ids from one phone? Thanks in advance.

There's a COS option that needs to be enabled.

Non-Prime Public Identity (or some such)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

actually that didnt work. The customer told me wrong. I'll try enabling that on the PRI COS as well as the devices COS.......

Here are the specifics from the Help Files:

To program DN-Based CPN Substitution

-In the Associated Directory Numbers form
-Enter the directory number on which to perform CPN substitution
-Set the Associated Type to CPN Substitution
-Enter the substitution number.

-In the Class of Service Options form

-Set Non-Prime Public Network Identity to 'Yes' to implement substitution on calls made from non-prime lines.

-In the ISDN Protocol form
-specify which number to use in CPN substitution for inbound PRI calls forwarded to the public network — the number of the calling party or the number of the forwarding station.

[Highlight]Note:[/highlight] These digits are sent whether the CO See Central Office or Telephone Exchange. allows them or not. It is the System Administrator's responsibility to ensure that the digits programmed in the Associated Digits field of the Associated Directory Numbers form are acceptable to the CO.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back