Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General SMTP Mail Failure error w/ Event Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrousey

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
US
I'm getting the following error message when trying to test one of my email accounts that I set up in Event Manager:

General SMTP Mail Failure, check setup - 6000

Has anyone else run across this error? I can't find any information on macola's website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Laura

Try Vineyardsoft's web site, they are the creators of Event Manager. Look under support:

I found this:

General SMTP Mail Failure, check setup = 6000

Solution:

This usually means that the SMTP server is shutdown for some reason or the server that it's running on cannot be located on the network.

Things to try:

On the KnowledgeSync server

Run

Cmd.exe

Try pinging the SMTP server:

ping yourservername

Make note of the IP address returned.

If that fails, check the network for problems.

If that works, configure KnowledgeSync to use the IP address returned by PING of the SMTP server rather than the SMTP server name.

There could be a problem with the DNS server on your network.

Check also to make sure that a firewall was not recently installed that may be blocking the port=25.
General SMTP Mail Failure check setup = 6000 ]

AND Also this..........

-2147215504 General SMTP Mail Failure, check setup = 6000

Solution:
On the Email Tab for the Event, check and verify that the Email Account to Send From is not blank.

[ 2147215504 General SMTP Mail Failure check setup = 6000 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back