Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General questions about CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphi

Technical User
Mar 6, 2006
IR
I have some questions ,I hope get good replies from froum

1- Does CCM4.0 work with thirdparty voice gateways which support H.323 like Tenor gateway?

2- is it possible a remote phone(hard phone or softphone) register in CCM? our CCM server has a valid IP Address,but remote user dosen't have a valid ip address.

3- I have a cisco 2600 router with 2 FXO module as a PSTN gateway,I dial 9 to dial a number in PSTN,I have checked "Provide Outside Dial Tone" in CCM route pattern config,but when FXOs are busy by other extensions ,i still recieve dial tone and after dialing the number i recieve busy tone.I want to hear busy tone when FXO is busy before dialing my number.

4- cisco FXO dosen't support caller ID,what is the problem with that? and I have disconect problem with the FXO.(when a caller from outside call an extension and recive no answer ,the extension remains busy until disconnect it manually)

Please help me on this.

Question 1:- It should do, I know it works OK with Vegastream, which is H323

Question 2:- Do you mean analog or an IP phone when you say hardphone? Im not 100% on this, but unless the phone in question uses skinny and is recognised by CCM (as in you can add it as a new phone) then it wont register to CCM.

Question 3:- The dial tone is provided by CCM and not the outside line, I dont know of a way of "checking" is there is a line free before dialling

Partial answer to question 4 is that the VIC-2-FXO does support caller ID, but the reception of caller id is disabled so you will need to add caller-id enable to the configuration. An FXO port cannot transmit caller ID.

Also I have the same problem when someone hangs up but the phones still ring, which is what I think you are experiencing...

Are you using ground or loop start?

Question 2. You would need to do port translations pointing to the non-valid IP addressed phone.

Question 4. Early FXO's did not support CLID. Later versions do however ONLY in H.323 mode. CLID is broke when the Gateway is run in MGCP mode. Cisco doesn't show much interest in fixing it. Causes a LOT of headaches. I have customers running MGCP for Call Preservation during SRST. Hard to explain that CLID ONLY works when something is broke (SRST/H323) but doesn't work when everything is fine.

Thank you guys for the replies but I am still confused

Ques1: So using cisco brand gateways are not mandetory with callmanger,we can use other gateways like Vegastream...,yes,how these gateways define in callmanager?

Ques2:"You would need to do port translations pointing to the non-valid IP addressed phone.",what does it mean? what is port translations pointing?

Ques3:I need to know of a way of "checking" is there a line free before dialling (I'm using 2 FXO),I still ahve my problem.

Ques4:
Caller ID Problem:"but the reception of caller id is disabled so you will need to add caller-id enable to the configuration" how can i do that in my 2600 router?

Disconnect Problem: I am using loop start mode

Question1:- As a H323 gateway.

Question4:- in global config mode caller-id enable, unless of course you have already specified any CLID commands under the voice port in which case caller-id enable will already be applied.

I didnt know about caller-id not working MGCP..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back