Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJargon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2005
GB
I have created a VPN Gateway through 2 Netgear DG834G routers and got it connected.

I am at a miff now as what to do next.

Q. how do you map anetwork drive?
Q. i can i view the shared files on the other computer?

i can ping the router at the other end and also the comuter at the other end no problems.

Any Help would be good, as this is bugging me.

Jargon

\\remote.ip.address\share should work, assuming Windows systems.

If you are connecting to a remote VPN server from a computer on the LAN side of your router, you need VPN client pass-through capability. When you run in pass-through mode, you need to run client software on your machine, like the PPTP client software in Windows XP. However some routers support only one pass-through client, while others support many. (Likewise, many routers have a VPN feature that allows multiple client pass-through sessions, but only one session per VPN tunnel. This means that you cannot connect multiple VPN clients simultaneously to the same VPN server).

I want to be able to connect 5 clients computers concurrently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back