Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Question about Direction to take for new Web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

neronikita

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
Good afternoon!

I am looking to build a custom, interactive web page that users will be able to click options and add comments to create another page that combines all the results and makes it easy for users to look up "what's going on". For example, if an employee calls and speaks to one person, the person taking the call can mark boxes for standard things we want to know, and then add anything else we need to know in the comments box, like a form. The results would be displayed chronologically or by employee calling in so everyone else can quickly be brought up to speed. It would have to be password protected for the office and be able to be accessed from anywhere, including our phones and tablets. I'm familiar with HTML, and I've done some ASP/ASP.NET, and I know SQLServer. I'm willing to learn PHP and MySQL if you think that is the way to go. I just don't program all the time, so I'm not sure if there are other options I don't know about because I haven't kept up with it all (although I enjoy programming and web design). I just want to make the most efficient and user-friendly site that is accessible to us from anywhere (it's a small, family business so we are pretty much on 24x7). I'm willing to get another web domain for this, or change our hosting for whatever is required. I have all year to work on this project and am looking forward to getting it started.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Di

Thanks! I will take a look at those.

Thanks so much!

Di

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back