Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

general question about deployment of project

Status
Not open for further replies.

miscluce

MIS
Oct 4, 2007
US
I have two access 2007 projects. I packaged and installed both of them on a user's machine that only has the access runtime client installed on it.

One project uses access as the database and the other used SQL server. The project that used access ran fine but the project that used SQL was blank when he opened the program.

Does anybody know what could have caused this? Or what causes a project not to open with the runtime client?

Assuming the runtime version supports linked tables, it sounds like the DSN for the ODBC connection is bad or nonexistent.

It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your
neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.

thanks for the reply but I dont think it was the connection because I had created a different program with an sql connection and it worked. ???

But the one that doesnt work with the runtime client only works with a full version of access 2007. The runtime client comes up blank, no forms or anything?

I dont know whats going on? Advanced Access is not as easy to learn than I thought. I have been running into all kinds of issues that the book I have doesn't help me with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back