Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General question about Avaya CM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
Hi all
I've been an Avaya user for years but on the Avaya IP Office. I wanted to get a bit of an understanding how licensing, etc. works on Avaya Call Manager.
If I was to purchase say a G430 with a S8300 running CM, do you then need to purchase licenses for IP or SIP endpoints such as 9611G and also SIP Trunks like IP Office or is there some inbuilt capacity that you can run in a "Lab" environment?

I have a small home office set up with 5 IP Extensions (mix of 9611G, J100) and 5 SIP Trunks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

In AVAYA AURA CM, they are station limitation licenses and then this is associated with the OFF-PBX STATION MAPPING licenses so that they are sip with a Session Manager and a System Manager.

In an S8300 you will not be able to mount a System Manager to manage, you can only mount CM, Branch Session Manager and UT. You will need another separate server or vmware server to install a System Manager to manage the licenses with WebLM and to be able to manage the brach session manager.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back