Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Protection Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstema

Programmer
May 6, 2001
US
I'm using SBT system for DOS with FoxPro 2.5a. Operating system: Windows 98 SE.
After making some changes in one of the SBT programs I was kicked out along with this message:

Abnormal Program Termination:Memory Protection Fault
CS:EIP = 000Fh:00153256h

While executing a scan loop I'm kicked out again and again corresponding with the same record. I took a look into the table and it looks fine. I suspended the program before the nasty record and I was kicked out again just by typing simple commands like select alias.
The changes I made were about the length of few field (from 45 chars to 65 chars). They were part of some index keys.
Any clue would be apreciated.

Chances are you have a corrupt index file, or at least one of the tags in the file. I would suggest starting with deleting (or renaming) the index file or .CDX file for the associated table and rebuilding the indexes from scratch. Don't just do a REINDEX as this is not always reliable, especially if the index file has a corrupt header. Remember to make a note of all the index tags before deleting the file though.

Dave S.

First guess is that you have a corrupted index file. Recreate the index(s) and try it again.

Rick

I deleted and recreated the idexes from scratch, but no luck. Finaly I was able to narrow the search for that piece of code and tables that couse the error. I was looking also for whatever "wrong" characters in the table fiels, but nothing yet. The same code with the same tables work just fine under VFP 6.0.
Could it be just becose of my Foxpro 2.5 version?

I got it!
If I'm running the program using FoxPro 2.5a EXE Support Library (X) there is no error:
FOXR <myprog>
On the other side if I'm trying to lunch it using the &quot;regular&quot; foxpro I get a big &quot;abnormal program termination&quot;:
FOX <myprog>
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back