Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General MB during Day, AA at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjbuechler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
Hi,

Ideally I would like to have the AA pick up (after 1 ring) in the evening and the General Delivery Mailbox to pick up after 4 rings during the day.

This used to happen each night when our receptionist manually changed the operator status (under F982) but since we switched to having the AA all the time and are now trying to go back to that things have become complicated. I guess there is a simble step that I am forgetting.

Right now under F983, AA, Lines, the lines are set to Ans: N and Rings: 1
The settings under F982 are
Attendant Available: Y (during Day) and N (during the night)
Business Open: Y (day) and N (at night)
Answer Lines: Y (day) and N (at night)

....what happens is that what someone calles it rolls into the General Delivery box after 4 rings (good) but never goes to AA (even at night once we have changed those settings under F982). What is it I am missing? If I set AA to Ans: Y it will pick up all the time right?

Thanks

yes-
the way to do what you want is to have the gen deliv phone forwarded to VM after 4 rings for the day.

You need to change the VM to pick up at 5 rings, and yes. Then for night to pick up at 0-1 ring you or your vendor can set up a ringing service that either is activated manually by entering a feat code, or automatically via time schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back