Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Legder closes abruptly after XP upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corflex

Technical User
May 16, 2002
I upgraded from Win 98se to XP pro. We are running plus dos 6.5. I change the files=250 in config. When posting in the General Ledger, the Accpac program closes without notice in the middle of "merging transcations". After this happens we have corrupt data. I have a couple of XP cleints that have no probleming posting to Purchase orders or Order entry. I enter tryed changing the Opportunistic Locking setting in the XP registry. I don't want to go back to Win98, help, everyone.

I don't understand you question. After it closes, when we try to reenter, we can't get pass the corupt data error message.

Hi,

I am now assuming that you are having the data corruption and then restoring the data, not repairing it. I have never seen that error before. Try putting the line "buffers=40,0" and maybe change the "files=250" to "files=100", as this was only a dos limitation in the number of files it can open and the os and the programs can never open more than 25 dos will Accpac for Dos will not need more than 100. Hope that helps.

Regards

e

Hi,

Sorry, just thought of it now, does not XP have its own config file? config.nt in the windows or the winnt directory? I think you have to edit that for files and files and handles.

e

Thank you for all your help. I edited the files+250, only time will time. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back