Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Ledger budgets 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora

Programmer
Apr 30, 1999
US
If extra budgets are added to the general ledger application (we currently have 4 that we use), does it degrade system performance? We'd like to add extra budgets, but not if it would make our system run slow.<br>
<br>
Does anyone have experience with this?<br>
<br>
thanks<br>
Pandora

I recently finished loading budgets from Oracle Financials into 3.13F. While I don't have the code in front of me, it seems that the budget was a part of the primary index. If this is so, you shouldn't see any performance impact (in an Oracle environment anyway)

We also have Oracle and have three budgets for each of the 4 years we have loaded currently. We have not noticed andy degridation of performance.

What we were thinking of would be 17 budgets. <br>
Each one of our budgets has approx. 13,000 records.<br>
We currently have 4 for each year.<br>
<br>
Does anyone have any experience with quantities of<br>
data like this?<br>
<br>
Thanks, everyone for the responses :)<br>

If you're still reading this thread, we put new complete LE budgets in EVERY MONTH for 2-3 years without degradation. The indexes are set up to handle this pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back