Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Installation Guides ISA 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechCarnivore

Technical User
Apr 13, 2006
US
Hi Gang,
I recently installed ISA 2006 on a Server 2003 R2 system that has 2 gigE adapters and configured as a workgroup. Our SBS 2003 domain consists of 5 windows clients (1 vista) a switch and a Small Business Server 2003 SP2 server and a pair of laptops configured in individual workgroups.
Now that I have ISA installed I have not idea what to do with it from here. I've looked for guides on configuring ISA 2006, but haven't found anything to match. Does anyone have suggestions?

I was thinking...
With Server 2003 having 2 Gigabit Ethernet Adapters, one would get it's IP from our ISP and the other adapter would point to our local or private domain. The idea being that traffic would pass through ISA 2006 as an edge firewall keeping our network better protected than our current setup.
I could really use a practical guide to setting up and configuring this product. I'm going to try the virtual labs but again any suggestions would be helpful.

Hi,

I am having an issue with installing ISA 2006 on a server of mine. In the end I want to publish OWA via ISA. So running ISA as a reverse proxy.

Here are my server/network details.
ISA 2006 standard, installing on Windows 2003 SP2. I have 2 network cards that are teamed for fault tolerance.
I am installing the application via Remote desktops.
I follow the wizard through and add in my internal networks
10.0.*.* - 10.0.*.* and so on.
The wizard also tells me that it will add my IP address as a remote management IP address
After the wizard has collected all the information that it needs, it starts the install. At the end of the install I get discounted from the server and I am unable to connect.
Do I need to add any policies to connect to the server in the firewall?
I have followed documentation on the internet to the word, but it still doesn't let me connect to the server.
Is there anything that I am missing?
Can anyone help me with this issue.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back