Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General field error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lipo

Programmer
Nov 25, 2002
US
I cannot open a general field on any table that has one. When I try to open the field, the computer hangs. This happened all of a sudden. I tried using a table from the command prompt. The table is accessible, but the generl field cannot be opened. I have VFP 7. The general fields have worked for years. What is wrong ???

I have Microsoft Word documents inserted in the general field

lipo

Is Word installed on the computer?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Yes, I have Microsoft Word Xp installed on the computer. It has been installed for months and everything worked perfectly. Then, Monday morning the general field which contains Word documents would not work.

The strangest thing about this problem is that I was able to open the general field when I logged in as another user who is also administrator (as the first user that was not able to access the general field). I copied the table to same computer so that there would be no network problems. As the original user, I was not able to even access the general field from the command prompt, let alone from the code to open the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back