Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Delivery Mailbox Locks Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2008
US
We have a BCM400 on which the General Delivery mailbox constantly gets locked out. There is only one person accessing it. I'll reset the password for her, then the next morning, it will be locked out again. So, I reset the password again, then the following day it's locked out again. This has been happening every day for about a month now. It just started happening out of the clear blue sky. There have been no changes to the BCM that could have brought this on. It's got all the patches, and I've tried rebooting it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

-Chris-

It is somebody trying to hack the mail box by calling in and trying different combinations of passwords to access the MB.Just make sure that the password is 8 charaters and not easy.But there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I don't know, but I doubt someone would be so persistent as to try every day for several weeks straight. That's a whole lot of effort just to get access to a voicemail box full of folks wanting to reschedule their appointments.

Could it be someone that is inadvertently stumbling upon this mailbox, thinking it is there own?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Unfortunately, I've already tried rebooting the BCM and restarting the voicemail service. I set the COS up to the maximum number of attempts (20), and it's still happening. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back