Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Delivery Mailbox (Add Menu to it?) CallPilot 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt27

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2009
US
Can you add a menu to the general delivery mailbox? I need to give the caller the option of being transferred to another extension if they reach the general delivery mailbox.

Thanks in advance

Raul

If it's a particular extension you want them to reach from GD, use target attendant, and they can press 0 to reach them.

Otherwise, pressing * with return to AA enabled will take them back to CCR path 0.

I tried pressing *, # and 0 while the greeting was playing but had no success. It forced me to leave a message or just hang up. Do I need to activate something else on the GD mailbox?

I really want to be able to disable the GD, but I want the callers to have options because the way it is setup now, calls coming in to an extension that does not have voicemail are automatically transferred to the GD after four rings, but if I disable the GD, the calls are dropped.

Is there a way to automatically transfer a caller to our main menu after the four rings?

Or, is there a way for the GD to keep ringing. Do I just disable or delete the greeting?

Thanks in advance

Raul

You're right, that is what the GD mailbox is designed for.

Return to AA is under feature 983/Grtg/AA. Set that to Y, and * should take you back to the AA from a mailbox.

To make AA answer lines after 4 rings, go to feature 983/AA/Lines, and set each line to answer to the appropriate table at 4 rings.

I'm not really sure about what you mean "keep ringing". Do you mean making a phone ring when the caller presses 0? Under feature 982, make sure you have an extension assigned to Attendant, then make Attendant Available=Y.

GO INTO F983 AT MBOX AA OTHER PRESS 6 TO DISABLE GD MAILBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back