Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General call

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefcob

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2005
BE
Hello,

is it possible to make a general call ?
so i will call an extention nr and say a message to all "user" (automaticly hand free)
I use the CCM 4.1 and i have 7912 and 7941 phones.

Thanks

Aaah. No, unfortunately not with CM alone. You need a third party product to do that. Berbee's InformaCast is a fantastic choice.

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

This can be done however, depending on phone placement, you can get feedback.
On the 7941 phones, configure the second button as 'auto-answer speaker-phone on'. If you have both buttons in use already, you're out of luck. The 7912's won't work as they are only single line.

I think the point was that he wanted to be able to make a "call" to several phones at once, ala paging. Its always been a sore point with me that this is possible with CME, but not CM.

John Lever
Telecommunications

Could you not configure a second line on the 7941 phones to autoanswer and put these second lines into a group number with a broadcast ringing pattern.
When the group number is called all the second lines autoanswer and the caller can make his announcement.

Alas, no, that won't work. Once the first phone answers, the call disconnects on the other phones. You are expecting the phones to conference in everybody at once automatically? 'fraid not. The products that page to the phones don't even do that. They use a multicast stream and highly specific cisco APIs to make the phone go off hook with speaker and microphone mute to listen to the stream. Again, this is possible with Call Manager Express, but not with Call Manager by itself. Crazy, I know.

John Lever
Telecommunications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back