Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Beginner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

drees

Technical User
Oct 5, 2001
US
I'm not sure if this is where I should be Posting this but our company is in the market to design a new website. I have been asked to shop around and make a recommendation. I haven't a clue. I am a network admin with no experience in website development. Some of the companies we deal with have talked cold fusion, some have talked asp. I have no idea what I should be looking for. We have an e commerce website that writes to a sql 7.0 backend. I know we are currently having functionality problems with our current website and our main concern for the new one is increased functionality with increased reliability. I would love any advice on what I should be looking for a web developer. Like I've said I am totally out of my depth on this.

I'm biased towards ColdFusion, so I wouldn't be much helpf if you asked me which one is better. If you have specific questions, I could better answer them... and depending on where you are located I could help out even more.

Here's few references to help give you some ideas on what to look for in Web Developers/Designers in general.

WebMonkey
Hiring a Site Developer

Guru.com
How to hire a Web Designer

bCentral
Here's your Web developer planning checklist

FastHostWeb.net
10 Things to Look for When Hiring a Web Developer
- tleish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search