Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Geforce4 mx440 Tv out help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jun 11, 2004
ZA
Hi guys,

Please help a struggling guy here. I have above Video card,XP,Gigabyte Motherboard, I can't seem to get a clear colour picture on my tv via tv out. Picture is grey, my desktop on tv shows 3 screens on tv and is flickering the whole time. I tried some detonators but doesn't seem to work . Can you help with the correct detonator and Bios download maybe?
Your help appreciated.

Nvidia Drivers.

Here is a quote from Greg Palmer on this matter -

"gpalmer711 (IS/IT--Manageme) Oct 27, 2003
I think that the problem that you are experiencing is due to the format the card is trying to send to the TV. I had this exact same problem with a ge-force card from nvidia.

Open the display settings and click on the Nvidia tab. If you are unsure of how to do this let me know.

When you are there click on Nview Display mode and click on the second monitor. Click the Device Settings Button and then Select Output Device. Click on the change format button and then select I\PAL.

Click on Apply and ok buttons until you get to the desktop and then restart the machine.

If this does not work then try using a CO-AX cable instead of S-video.
Greg Palmer"

I agree with Linney, that it may be a FORMAT problem (NTSC Vs. PAL)...

but it could also aswell be that your TV, does not support the SVideo signal, and thus you must use Composite input on the TV...

btw. where in the world are you located at? US, Japan, and some other countries use NTSC, whereas EUROPE uses PAL (with subsystems for almost every country) and France, they had to use their own system, uses SECAM (which is in fact just another PAL version with a twist)...

Hope this helps...

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

I'd guess 4510 is posting from South Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back