Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce3 TV-out issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjurani

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2002
US
Problem with TV-out -- PLEASE HELP!!

I cannot view windows on my television via the S-Video out jack. When I unplug the monitor and reboot the system it does display the boot info on the tv. But it goes to a black screen once Windows starts.

Also, when I select the device selection tab in Display Settings, the Analog Display radio button is selected, and all the other options (Digital Display, TV) are grayed out. I've tried rebooting in all flavors of 640x480 and 800x600, but all I get is the black screen; and I have uninstalled/re-installed the latest NVidia drivers. What am I doing wrong here??!! It's driving me nuts.

Specs:
AMD 1400
Win98 4.10.2222A
Hercules 3D Prophet Ti500
Conexant Bt868 TV Encoder Type
BIOS 3.20.00.17.06
NVidia Ver2832

Im pretty sure its your TV format settings.. Depending on where you are on the planet the format changes. If your in North America our signal is NTSC. (I think everywhere in North America)

I think thats your problem.. your TV isen't getting the proper signal.

oh another possibility is that your TV is to old? I have a really old Sony and my tv out refusses to work on it.. odd. but true.

hope I could help.

I have a RCA 54" Projection TV that is 2 years old (With s-video) and a Philips 27" TV (with s-video. I have the same problem that he is having with both of these TVs. The philips is 3 months old. Also notice that the TV encoder is read differently with the Detnator drivers then TVTool. I would like ot play my games off the TV. I don't believe it's only age. Could there be something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back