Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce2 Ti not working in Chaintech 6BTM MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylo

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
CA
Hello gentlemen,

I would like to ask you a question concerning my CT 6BTM mainboard - I have the Nvidia Riva TNT2 M32 graphic card installed in my computer. Now I want to switch to new GeForce2 Titanium from Megacolor that I have already bought. The problem is that I can not make it work. After inserting card, reinstalling drivers and restart, system hangs at the Windows start - I also tried new detonatorXP drivers from Nvidia (as well as the older ones) at my computer - same. I assume the problem could be some kind of incompatibility with mainboard, because I tried the card on several other boards and it is working properly (even with the driver shipped along with the card - I think it detects card as GeForce2 GTS). To make info more complete, I have the Intel Celeron 400A processor and 128MB DIMM SDRAM, and I have the Adaptec SCSI controller card inside.
Hope you guys can tell me what could be the problem, otherwise I will have to sell the card and try another one... :-(

1x AGP (1x & 2x Mode,66/133MHz) slot

* Possible problem with the board being so old (1998 version), although, I have put plenty of AGP 4X video cards into BX based mainboards with no problems.

UPDATE the bios to the latest version (from Chaintech)
and see what happens,,,,,,,, but you may just have to much juice needed to run this card in that old board.

****** ALSO - YOU DID UPDATE THE DIRECTX - TO 8.0a or 8.1, didn't you ??????????

Due to the age of the motherboard, it is possible that your AGP slot is not 2.0 compliant. Although a BIOS update may assist in this issue it is unlikely to completely resolve the problem. I had a similar problem with a geforce2 mx that caused multiple lock-ups on an older system and had to revert to my previous AGP card until I upgraded to a new MB. If this is the case you may have to stick with a slightly older video card. Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back