Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

geforce 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktighe

Programmer
May 25, 2001
US
Does anyone know which geforce3 card is the best buy? Or a web site that compares the cards? I don't need to know about the chip itself, but I'd like a comparason of the different cards offered. Thanks.

Kevin

Well I have been looking for a good Geforce3 too but I just can't afford it. This may not be a thing you're looking for but this site shows different geforce3's from different manufacturers. If I find another site, I'll let you know.

"If you can't beat them, have somebody else do it for you."

Try Tom's Hardware. Currently tere's alot of stuf re: the GeForce 4.

It all depends on your budget.

What is your budget ? $180, $200, $250 or Ti500 & $300 ?

Hey,, for $140, you can get a GeForce4 MX 440, and a Hi-Quality one at that.

I recommend ** BEST all around video cards: Gainward / CardExpert

Look at what has to offer,,,,,, and find one that fits your budget.

I just built a system with a $140 GF4.... MX 440, and it is REALLY impressive for the money.
It is NOT that much slower that my $230 GeForce3.
** However, it will not match a GeForce3 Ti500 (which cost twice as much).

OR,,,, just wait for the FULL VERSIONS of the GF4,,, the bad boys, which will be here within 2-weeks,,,,
e.g., ETA 2/22/02

PRICES FOR ONLINE ORDERS ONLY -ASUS V8440 GeFORCE4 TI 4400 128MB DDR w/DVID out. ETA 2/22/02

$321.00 .... PLUS SHIPPING .......

THIS BAD BOY will Rock !!!

I'll be buying a GainWard CardExpert with this chipset.

GeFORCE4 TI 4600 (one version up - the highest I see listed)
are going to be around.......
* $425 *

GeForce4 MX cards are targeted towards the occasional gamer. They have the speed of the upcoming Geforce4 cards without the vertex shaders. Vertex shaders as we all know enable you to run games that were designed explicitly for DirectX 8. In other words, settling for the MX card is probably not the best idea if you actually care about FSA (anti-aliasing) which enables you to see extremely detailed polygons (realistic fur, water ripples, etc...).

That said, go with your needs and not necessarily with your budget. GeForce3 cards should be dropping steeply in price over the next 3 months. They have one less vertex shader (roughly half the speed for FSA) and only use 64MB of DDR RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back