Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce 2 Ultra will not install on W2K OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBPFL

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2002
US
I just replaced a 32meg ATI Rage card with a 64meg DDR Geforce 2 Ultra. When I try to install on Windows 2000, from the cd or latest download from Visiontek, I get an error (28) at the end of the driver installation with a message that "file not found". The drivers don't install and Windows reverts to a std-VGA setting with 16 colors after reboot. Also the latest drivers give me a warning that none of the drivers are certified by Microsoft and therefore may not work with W2K. I am trying the latest from Nvidia and Visiontek for Win2000. I read somewhere that I should update the Via Apollo Pro 133 drivers. Can anyone confirm that this will allow me to install? My motherboard's website says the Mb supports the GeForce 2 Ultra and I have the latest bios installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back