Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce 2 MX400 doesn't work on P5MVP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoricelu

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
RO
I have a Geforce 2 mx 400 (3.11.00.18) on a VIA Apollo MVP3 P5MVP3 motherboard's AGP slot (VP3-586B-SMC6-2A5LESHDC-00). All the video I can get is 16 colors. When I try to switch to 800x600 or any other video mode, the screen goes black and the computer stops responding.
I switched the video on a different system and it worked.
I also put a Ati RADEON 9000 on the P5MVP3 motherboard and it work fine. I don't know what to do to have a working GeForce2 mx 400 on my VIA Apollo MVP3 motherboard.
Thanks a lot!

Man, I am having the exact, exact, exact same problem with my asus K7V mobo, could i ask what brand of GeForce 2 mx 400 and how many megs it is...oh yah and reinstalling the drivers doesn't work I have tried that about 500 times...

Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

smaxted,
it's a GeForce mx 400 (blue, btw:)), 64 megs (n/tv?) and made in ...China. By the way, shouldn't it have a cooler on it's radiator? It goes pretty hot...
If you got exactly the same problem, maybe the motherboard doesn't support GeForce2 Mx 400 64 megs made in China:))))
Thanks a lot!
;)

World isn't such a bad place to live. Without computers.

The apollo chipset does have issues with some graphic cards but the problem you describe sounds more like incorrect drivers. You probably have the Ati drivers installed. Download the latest Detonator drivers from and you should be ok.

Nope doesn't work, it doesn't have a fan on the heatsink. The driver update doesn't work, yet another geForce 2 worked perfect

Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

The problem I had with my old Geforce 2 was that I had 2 or sets of drivers installed and it didn't work until I removed all the others (by removing the graphics card in device manager) and then reinstalled the correct 1. After restarting it was ok.

You could try checking for conflicts. In device manager goto "view device by resource" If it is sharing an IRQ with to many items then you may need to reassign a different IRQ or move some of the PCI cards such as the souncard or modem to another slot (i.e. further away from the graphics card)

What are the specs of your system? OS/processor speed and type/manufacturer of the graphics card...

It's an Asus K7V with an Athlon 750, 512mb ram, Abit Siluro GeForce 2 MX 200 32 mb, I have tried everything mentioned above any help???

Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

try 4in1 driver for VIA chipsets.
I tried and it worked.

worth a try, worth a try

Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

I have a K7V and I use a Creative Geforce2mx (not a 200 or 400, just a plain mx) and it worked perfectly for years until two months ago when I put a Geforce4 Ti4600 in it.

Most odd!

If I think of anything I will post it...

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back