Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce 2 GTS Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I recently built myself a new PC. Spec is as follows:

AMD 1.2 Ghz 266FSB Thunderbird
Gigabyte SOA AMD 761
256Mb PC2100 (Crucial Memory)
IBM 40Gb Deskstar
Creative Ge-Force 2 GTS

VIA 4in1 4.32
Detanator 12.41

I also have 2 network cards and a sound card but even without these inserted the problem occurs. Also I have Windows ME but it happens in 98SE too.

Basically the problem comes when playing games in D3D or OpenGL. After a very short period of time the games crash sometimes giving an illegal operation other times just locking the machine.

The only solution I have found is to use Creative AGP Wizard to reduce the data transfer rate to 1x (the card and motherboard support 4x) then games work perfectly. The BIOS is configured for 4x AGP and I have also contacted Creative and gone through all their ideas with no luck. Any ideas on a solution greatfuly recieved.

I had similar problems using the Detonator 12.41 drivers with my GeForce DDR DVI card. I fixed it by re-installing the 6.50 drivers.

I have Gigabyte Geforce 2 GTS Pro 64 Mb and when i play Quake 3 demo arena my system locks giving me vertical lines- i have to rstart manually.In everything else the card gives an excellent performance !!NO idea why this happens..

I have seen this in a system i built.

1. Install mobo AGP drivers.
2. Install latest Detenator drivers (21.83?)
3. I had to install DX8 - this is what actually solved my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back