Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce 16MB MX 100/200

Status
Not open for further replies.

agh42

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
US
I have Installed a NVIDIA GeForce MX 100/200 INTO A NEW ASUS A7V8X MOBO I can only boot to 4 bit 640 X 480 and onluy in the vga mode. I have tried every thibg in the BIOS. Any other boot mode freezes the screen with wiert unreadable smear of stuff.

Please Help
AL

Your resolution is probably set too high for the monitor to handle. What you should try is boot into safe mode, make sure that it is set @ 640x480 and make sure that the refresh rate is set to adapter default. Try rebooting to see if it lets you in normally and then you should be able to readjust the settings of the card. if that doesn't help try putting your old card back in and remove any information regarding the new card<i.e drivers, software>. Then put the new card back in and reload the drivers. Enkrypted
A+
Let others know how much help they are by marking the helpful posts.

I'm thinking along the same lines as enkrypted but I'd make sure the video card is all right in Device Manager...and that it's there.
I'm betting yours is a driver issue...and even tho it's only a 16 MB video card, it should give you higher resolution than you're getting.
Might as well look in the BIOS to make sure the PC is setup to handle the card...you don't say if it's AGP or PCI.
Was there onboard video on the motherboard before you installed the new one?
That probably needs to be disabled in the BIOS.
(Look under peripherals)
Grub out your motherboard manual (or download one) and look at the BIOS section for instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back