Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Geenbytes SAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
Anyone here implemented a Greenbytes SAN? The product looks very good, but I'm looking for any real life experiences.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

looks indeed quite promising, but I would ask them to perform a proof of concept in your environment.Make sure the product performs as expected.Make sure you test usermappings, security, performance ( large sequential, smal random IO, how it handles large files ( 2 TB files, or directories with hundred thousands of small files), ease of use (provisioning), what is performance like during raid rebuilds, can the system sustain hardware failures,....

just some thoughts ...:)

NetApp Certified NCDA/NCIE-SAN

Actually proof of concept is not an issue. If we go that way, the reseller does conditional POs. We would get to run it for a while and essentially do acceptance testing before making payment.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back