Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ge force 2 mx

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad3329

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
US
ok my friend bought a g- force 2 mx (pny) and put it in a hp pavalion 7920 its 900mhz and has 128 mb of ram, (intel)
and the graphics are really crappy
he has the latest drivers for the card but it still plays laggy...
im not sure if his system doesnt work well with the card or if its the card or what....
if you have any advice or know how to solve this problem i would really appreciate it...
thanks...

i have found with my experiences when installing video cards first thing is to check and see if there is a conflict with any onboard video. also make sure the drivers are installed correctly also make sure those are the right drivers. and if this person is trying to play a game with lots of 3d in it also try adding more ram, the problem might not be the card it could be that the memory can't keep up with the game. has ram extremely cheap right now or check pricewatch.
grassmold

First thing, is it a Pentium or a Celeron? A Celeron would explain it; Celerons are not meant for performance. If not, those store-bought machines usually used SDRAM shared form the system as video memory. The two may try to be working together at once. Completely remove the other video card from the Device Manager, and then try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back