Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gdk-34i Caller id card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

peewee3ie

Technical User
Mar 26, 2019
IE
Hi,

Have been asked again about caller id for this system. I know someone has said I may need the caller id card. Can someone tell me the part number of it and also where will it be fitted in the system so I can look to see if its there.

Hi,

I took a look through some of the old gdk 34i manuals I have and cant find record of a card that does incoming caller id for analogue lines. Your best bet might be to see if the line provider can enable CLI and maybe test the system on a circuit that you know has CLI.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replay

That what I was thinking as google did not turn up anything as well. Also on another note this system may have to be takein out as owner also wants answering maching added to the system as well. I have to go around and take a look at the system again as I think its maxed out as it is but have to check.

There is no caller id card for analog lines on a gdk34i.

You will need ISDN2 or 30. Or better still get rid of that old system and install something less than 15 yrs old!

shocked it still works tbh usally the battery gives out on them and every time you get a power cut you lose programming lol .

I did have to replace the batery and reprogram it. I found the pc software and was able to reprogram it a lot easyer that via the phone.

I have found that a lot of the older phone systems are built like tanks that just keep working even after lighting or even after the phone line has been hit with lighting.

The custorm who owns this system is also asking about the answering machine features for it. I have seen a card or 2 on ebay but need to check to see if the system has a spair slot for it. I have told them they may have to replace it.

Thank you to all who have replyed to this.

I know what you mean. I do know they have 24 analogue extensions and and 6 digital. I could be wrong about the 6 digital as they only have one system phone. It is a guest house and they their own private part that they live in and have extensions from the system to rooms there as well. the other thing is that they have 3 analogue lines coming in and go to the system and they also have a line for broadband. I am hoping to talk to them as in getting rid of a line or 2 which would save them some money as well.

I do have a system lined up if they will replace it. Its made by a crowd here in Ireland which is Lake Commuacations.

a single cab emg80a will be able to do what you need .

it will support 4 analogue lines

extension wise

you get the 8 on the back plane . 8 on a expansion card ( you could fit a expansion card with more lines if needed ) . and then you can fit the 16 port analogue expansion card on the top .

which would give you what you need extension wise .

you could also ditch the analogue lines all together and just give them some sip trunks running on the internet if it can take it

just a idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back