Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GDK 20W - GDC 345H Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVH

Technical User
Sep 30, 2008
I have a GDK 20W system which uses just 3 GDC 345H telephones plus the base station.
Regularly, the handsets lose the incoming sound.
Incoming callers can hear the call so the phones are partially working.
After a couple of days, the phone starts to work again and incoming calls can be heard.
There seems to be no pattern as to which phone will stop working and when it will stop.
Can anyone advise me how to solve this problem ?

The LG GDC-20W KSU can be equipped with up to 3 bases. One of these is to be installed on the MBU, the two other bases are installed on a seperate board: WTIB.
It is not possible to upgrade the software of the bases but you can upgrade the system (ksu) software for GDK-20W and also for the DECT handsets -GDC-345H.
To check the s/w for GDK-20W, press [Tran/PGM+40] from any keyset (digital phone) connected to the GDK-20W, and let me know the result (i.e. all info shown in the display).

Also the GDC-345H can be upgraded. To check this see my next reply.
It is recommended to have the GDK-20W grounded well.
Check if the grounding goes all the way from the ksu to the central grounding point of the site.
Also use CAT5 installation cable between the ksu and the bases (4 wire).

///doktor

Also check this one:

My experience and hints with LG-Nortel DECT systems.

thread1613-1411334

///doktor

Hi again
I can upgrade your GDC-345H DECT handsets, but I think that the software level is good enough.

To check the s/w level on a LG GDC-345H handset.
1) Press the MENU (arrow up or arrow down) button.
2) Press the star button (*).
3) Press password.(See later..)
4) Press the OK button .
5) Choose the “Version” menuen.
6) Check the s/w level.

The newest software is: "PT 2.0.Dn 2004.06.19".
As this site is public, you can contact by mail to get the code. Use this link.

Your local dealer should help you with the upgrade to a newer software, if needed.
Please let me know the software level of your DECT handsets.

///doktor

If all this (software levels etc.) is OK, you should INITIALISE the system, of course after having taken a back-up and manyally have written down all costumer data and settings.
We have experienced that if GDK-16 and GDK-20W were not INITIALISED correctly, the you get these spontaneous and random errors.
INITIALISATION is done in MENU 1.

Let me know your results.

///doktor

Newest s/w for the GDK-20W is 3.1Ac (GS77-3.1Ac)

///doktor

The software for the GDK-20W is
LGE/UK77p_c.1Ab JUL/03
I cannot check the s/w for the handsets as I do not know the Fac. Code.

The s/w of the GDK-20W is OK.

As this site is public, you can contact by mail to get the code to read out the s/w level of the GDC-345H.
Use this link.:

Your local dealer should be able to help you with the upgrade to a newer software, if needed.
Please let me know the software level of your DECT handsets.

///doktor

The code is LGGAP written with numbers on your DECT phone 54427. I found the code on other homepages on the net, so it wasn´t that secret anymore...

///doktor

GDC 345H s/w is PT 1.0A 2002.12.12

At present, 1 handset works and the 2 others have no sound through the earpiece.
This could change tomorrow !

The newest known s/w for the GDC-345H is
"PT 2.0.Dn 2004.06.19". It is recommended to use it, to solve all the described problems. You need to contact your local dealer, as it takes special hardware and software to upgrade the GDC-345H.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back