Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GD Permissions Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCHomepage

Programmer
Feb 24, 2009
US
I am using JPGraph and it is generating one image graph without a problem but the second from the same script to the same folder fails with a permission error. I am guessing that the failing graph is using the GD library while the other is not. Since this on a local development system (Windows with Apache2) and the folder permissions are for full read and write, I'm not sure what to do or where to look.

The graph that is working totally obscures the error message so I had to view the page's source code to get it:

JpGraph Error: 25107 Can't write to file "C:/Server/Sites/testsite/jpgraph/Temp/2012-08-19_15:35:45.png". Check that the process running PHP has enough permission.

Okay, having written the above and while reviewing it, I answered my own question so I'll post anyway in case it helps anyone else. The problem is the [bold]:[/bold] (colon) in the file name! Apparently the Linux server doesn't care but the Windows development system here does. After changing it to a [bold]-[/bold] (dash) it now works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back