Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GBIC 3500 xl catalyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBMA

MIS
Nov 20, 2003
US
I have installed a GBIC card into a switch. I have then connected the card to a fiber connection that is going to connect two buildings. When I go to Cisco Cluster Manager the card I just put in doesnt show up. What do I need to do to get it configured. I just want it to be recognized. The buidling that it is connecting are all on the same subnet. One of the IP addresses is 192.168.10.17, the other is 192.168.10.19.

Make sure your IOS software is current. I've had problems with older versions of the 3500 software not working with the new GBICs.

Baddos is spot on, update your IOS and the problem will be solved. You can copy over the new IOS and then re-boot out of hours, pop in the GBIC and you're away. Had this alot, many thanks Cisco ;0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back