Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rphips

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2003
US
Good Day

I have a Gateway laptop and it started to act all wierd on me and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it.

The problem is - everytime I hit a key the screen goes black and then it comes back but stating that undocking is complete - the system isn't docked - never been docked - this happens evertime i type a letter.

Any ideas

thanks bob

Sounds like a loose connection or poor solder joint somewhere. Pressing the key is likely causing vibration, which is making a contact go intermittent. My initial guess would be on a power line, possibly causing loss of back light on the display and triggering a signal making the PC think it has been undocked.

turn it off, pull the battery out, without the DC power plugged in, and press the power button down and release.

replace the battery and DC power and see if that helps.

ACSS - SME

Hello Just to let you know it was a lose connection in the keyboard - currently getting it replaced -

Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back