Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway removal - Unusual Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

giyer555

Programmer
Sep 8, 2003
IN
Hi!! Friends

Our network systems is as follows:-
Using two Windows NT domain named PQR & XYZ having Trust relationship.

In a users pc in XYZ domain a gateway ip address is mentioned from the PQR domain. Though no pc exist in the PQR domain with the same ip address.

If i remove the gateway address from the user in XYZ domain i am unable to access the database Server located in the PQR domain.

Pls let me know where necessary changes had to be made. The users use Windows 98 OS.

Thanx & regards,
giyer

Are you sure your gateway is not a switch or router? If so then the win98 machine will have to have that set so it knows were to send out going packets to.

Thanx 1101001100110101,

The gateway used was an Internet sharing Server (Infosmart) used to connect to the internet. But now the ip address of the Internet sharing Server is changed. Previously it was 192.5.2.8 now its 192.5.2.9 & i do not want the user from XYZ domain to give access to the internet sharing Server.

I hav tried removing the gateway but after restarting the pc i am unable to connect applications to the database server in PQR domain. I hav even tried reinstalling Windows98 but it does not help.

Pls guide.

Thanx & regards,

giyer

uninstall all your networking stuff, delete and re-install winsock
the setit all up again. If you have zone alarm, sygate, or another firewall on these things you got real problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back