Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

USER380

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2009
EG
i ve a paradyne 6218-A1 router , the problem is that " some computers " get wrong default gateway number ... the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 .... some pcs get it 192.168.1.2 ... so i had to give ips manually so that they can connect to the internet ,, while other computers get the right gateway without any problems !

anyone knwos whats wrong ...

Check on the systems with ipconfig /all and confirm on one 'working' and one 'non-working' system that they show the same IP for the DHCP server.

This is to see ..... Is it possible there's a server DHCP and a router DHCP both running but with different gateways configured?

When IP addresses are requested whichever dhcp responds the quickest is the one that gets used.

Confirm its the same dhcp server being used as your first step.

i ve a server on the network ... but i dont how to use it .. and it does not have any applications .. so do you think that i should turn it off ... or know how to change the default gateway it gives ...

thanks alot anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back