Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway NV55C

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomasunni

Technical User
Mar 7, 2014
US
I have the same problem as posted in the below thread. Here are the answers to the questions that were asked in the below thread....

How long does it take before it restarts? less than 30 secs (gets the gateway logo and then restarts)

Does it do it once its trying to load Windows? I don't even get to the windows logo
Can you access BIOS? No
If you can does it restart while in there? N/A

thread751-1693562

1. I would take out the hard drive and see if you can get into the BIOS. Let us know.
2. If you CAN get into the BIOS, restart and let it boot and you should get "no boot device found" Let us know.
3. If neither of the above work I would turn off the laptop, take out all the memory, restart the laptop and see if the motherboard beeps at you. If not, it might be dead.

It's probably not heat related if it does the same thing after a night of being off.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

1. Yes I can get into the BIOS once the hard drive is out.
2. I took it out but had a Windows CD in and it started to install Windows again but had no hard drive in. I took it out and restarted without the hard drive in and I did get a "No bootable device found" error message.
3. I turned it off last night and took the battery out and it sat over night like that.

4. I have changed the boot sequence to boot from the CD first and hard drive second. I put the hard drive back in and the Windows CD back in, but it keeps restarting as long as the hard drive is in. If it's not in I can go thru the Windows Installation Process. I'm running it now, but it can't even recognize the hard drive to install Windows. Looks like I have a bad drive.

Thanks for the help.

Either that or a bad storage controller on the motherboard. Best idea would be to attach the hard drive to another computer where you can run diagnostics. Otherwise, you might buy a hard drive that doesn't help the situation. I guess you can roll the dice.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back