Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway MT6821 and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcferrin

MIS
Jul 14, 2003
US
I know from previous threads that several people here have the Gateway MT6821 notebook, but I was wondering if anyone has tried upgrading it to 4GB of RAM? I can't find anything that says for sure whether it will support 4GB, but I have seen some vendors web sites selling 4GB kits (2x2GB modules) for it. I'd like to bump mine up, but I don't want to waste the money on memory if I can't use it.

Anyone know for sure?

MCTS:Network Infrastructure
MCTS:Applications Infrastructure

Cool. The funny thing about that is that they used to say that it had a 2GB limit. I'm not too worried about the 32-bit limitation. Even if I don't upgrade it to 64-bit XP, 3.5GB is still a lot better than only 2GB.

MCTS:Network Infrastructure
MCTS:Applications Infrastructure

kmcferrin said:
The funny thing about that is that they used to say that it had a 2GB limit.

Yes, I found contradictory information at Crucial, one page ends in MT6821 and the other ends in "MT6821." with a period after the model number. One says 2GB, the other says 4GB. Weird. I would use the Crucial scanner and see what they report, or use Belarc for system analysis.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back