Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway 650 IP change

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdmphone

Technical User
May 21, 2007
US
We are changing all IP address' for one of our locations. This includes the gateway 650 which has one CLAN, two medpro's and one IPSI. I am aware of how to change the CLAN and medpro's IP address', but I understand the IPSI is a bit "difficult". Getting a straight answer from my vendor has been a challend. They would like me to spend $2500+ to have them make the change after hours. I understand I need to connect directly to the gateway with my laptop and that is all I get out of my vendor. Any assistance on how I could accomplish this myself would be helpful.

STOP....

It depends on how your system is configured. If you have everything on a flat network (meaning everything the CLANS, MEDPROS & IPSIs have the same IP Subnet), then you can change the IPSI addresses...but more than likely if whomever setup your system did it properly the S8xxx server should have multiple NICs configured with different IP Addresses on different subnets.

The S8500 supports a single "Control" network. The only devices which should be on a control network are the S-Series Server interfaces and the IPSI's (to protect the signaling traffic from other network conditions).

If this is an S87xx series server pair, then EACH server has 3 interfaces (Control Network A, Control Network B and Corporate LAN).

If you don't know what you're doing here, contact a BP. Better to be safe than sorry when you have no PBX on Monday morning....

SJF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back