Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gatekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacus10

Technical User
Mar 5, 2011
Hi,

I initiated in one magazine a gatekeeper with to IP boards, now i have problem, because it happens(not every day, but within week one or two times) all boards in that magazine get blocked(i have another trunks in same magazine also), any idea why this happening?Because of two IP boards in same magazine and same LIM?

Best Regards,

please provide more information:
what type is this MD110/TSW or MXONE and which version?

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Dear Sir,

Type is: MX-ONE TSW-SP05, stackable version.

Regards,

please post printouts of following commands:

CNLIP:DEV=YES;
ALLOP;
CNBIP:BRDID=119,LIM=ALL;

/Daddy

Hi,

I change RG5DC Power supply for magazine and for now it is OK.

Best Regards,

I am a bit confused, you are certain that replacing the RG5DC will help after 1 day, or did you have alarms pointing in that direction?

/Daddy

Hi,

Yes, it was alarm with Fault code=102.Power failure detected by DSU.

Thank you,
Best Regards.

I have discovered this issue in my system since 2 years ago and i have the solution in my way.

Well, this problem is very common if there is an IPLU in a consono stackable magazine LBP20.

It seemed that the TDM time switch is messed/held up by the IPLU from time to time.

CNLIP:DEV=YES,LIM=X; will show you that the GJUL4, TMU, TLU76/1, ELU28/3 & IPLU may become PASSIVE; Signal Packet Capability of the GJLU4 in that magazine shows 255.

Reported to Aasxxa (vendor) and being advised to change the DSU prom to latest PROM firmware RYS 102 328 R8A.

Received the latest DSU prom RYS 102 328 R8A and changed accordingly but the same fault happened still from time to time.

THE ONLY SOLUTION:
In the magazine which contains the IPLU, pull out the DSU and insert back into the slot (same DSU board, no need to replace DSU board), within 5 minutes, all affected cards become ACTIVE in CNLIP; Signal Packet Capability of the GJLU4 in that magazine recovered back to original 90 and IPLU resumes traffic. This fault will happen again and we have no choice but to bear with the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back