Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gaming and MSCONFIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkrider

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
For gaming I've discovered that one of the best ways to keep system resources free is to disable virtually everything using the System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG). The only problem is that each time I do this I have check/uncheck what services and/or startup items I want to run. Is there anyway you can save a configuration to keep from having to select these options?

This would be better addressed if you would ask in the forum relating to your operating system. (it's not a hardware question)

drunkrider (while agreeing with franklin) - when you change entries in msconfig, they should stay changed - you just get prompted on next boot (which you can opt to turn off) that you are in 'diagnostic' mode or similar phrase.

You change also use other methods to permanently remove startup entries (eg, startupcpl - by Mike Lin) and just run services.msc to access the services - you can then disable the ones you don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back