Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

game port / midi

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantisburn

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
US
I have a MSI k7t266 pro2 mobo. Any time i connect any device to the standard game port or midi there is no response. I've installed what drivers needed. Under gaming options, game controller, status it reads "not connected". I also have a sound card with a port as well. possible conflict? Any Thoughts?

If the devices work ok on another system, then the port may be bad.

BOTH THE MOBO AND PCI SOUND CARD GAME PORTS DO NOT RESPOND. THIS MAKES ME THINK THAT IT IS SOMETHING NON HARDWARE. I DO HAVE A ? OVER MULTIMEDIA DEVICE WITCH IS INTERGRATED SOUND ON MOBO. MY OS IS W2K SERVER.

I have a port in the sound card as well which makes me think it is not a hardware issue. There is a ? in device manager under multimedia, I think this is the mobo intergrated sound and has been disabled.

Because it makes for tiring reading, winds people up and looks like you're shouting

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back