Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Galaxy J5-J530F Storage Space Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjw001

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
My phone has started giving me messages saying that it is running short of space.

When this happens I go through removing files that I no longer need and clearing the cache of applications. I have also tried amending some applications to use the SD card and uninstalling apps that I no longer use.

I have noticed that periodically the used space suddenly reduces significantly.

The facilities that I have found on the phone that supposedly find where the space is being used are pretty useless - i.e. of the 16 GB available 14.95 GB are classified as "Other".

Does anyone have any tips on how I can find where all the space is being used and what I might be able to do about it.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it is an old phone, but I don't see the point in replacing it unless it gives serious problems. Having said that, the battery doesn't last as long as it used to.
The article in your link is interesting, although it only shows that other people are having the same problem with space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back